Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 20+ sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. A major element of ZRC is a rapidly growing research laboratory focused on fundamental research in the area of computing systems and AI (new hardware, new software, new algorithms).
The research work of the lab will be carried out not only by Huawei’s internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. The lab will provide an open research environment where academics will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such world-leading scientific work.
For this rapidly growing ZRC Laboratory, we are hiring for a new research position on hardware formal verification. The focus of the project will be on hardware-software co-verification, targeting the concurrency and memory abstraction layers of modern multi-core processors. The project will cover various layers, from pre-silicon RTL-level verification to compiler mappings of concurrency primitives. The person appointed will work with colleagues in Zurich and in Huawei’s Dresden Research Center.
- Conduct fundamental research on new directions in hardware formal verification
- Work with internal research colleagues and academic research partners to achieve new breakthroughs in research and innovation
- Produce and present research papers at internationally leading conferences and events
- PhD in an area related to hardware formal verification, or equivalent research experience in industry
- Record of publishing research papers in the area of computing systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively in a research environment
Candidates should have research experience in computing systems, and be familiar with at least one of the following areas:
- Pre-silicon design formal modeling and verification technologies in hardware
- Hardware design of the memory subsystem - caches, load/store unit,...
- Knowledge of formal verification tools for symbolic model checking and theorem proving, such as Coq, Isabelle, Z3
If you are enthusiastic in shaping the future of computing systems and AI together with a multicultural team of leading researchers, feel free to contact us. Additionally, we offer the opportunity to work closely with the teams behind the world-leading products launched by Huawei, and have your research help improve aspects of daily life. Driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs in future computing and AI systems that can change the world is our mission. Please join us!