Senior Research Leaders and Rising Stars
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 20+ sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. A major element of ZRC is a rapidly growing research laboratory focused on fundamental research in the area of computing systems (new hardware, new software, new algorithms).
The research work of the lab will be carried out not only by Huawei’s internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. The lab will provide an open research environment where academics will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such world-leading scientific work.
For the Computing Systems Laboratory, we are hiring both Senior Research Leaders and Rising Stars for multiple permanent positions in:
Future Computing and AI Systems (Hardware, Software, Algorithms)
- Conduct fundamental research on new directions in computing systems
- Develop academic research partnerships and cooperation with leading universities and professors in the area
- Work with internal research colleagues and academic research partners to achieve new breakthroughs in research and innovation
- Produce and present research papers at internationally leading conferences and events
- Produce white papers on current developments and future directions in computing systems
- Where appropriate, contribute insight and research expertise to committees and other organizations that are looking to establish new industry standards and platforms
- Contribute to the research and academic community through service such as conference program committee membership, membership of journal editorial boards etc.
- PhD in an area related to computing systems, or equivalent research experience in industry
- Record of publishing research papers in the area of computing systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively in a research environment
Candidates should have research experience in computing systems, and be familiar with at least one of the following areas:
- AI Accelerators: Training and Inference
- Massively Parallel Heterogeneous AI SuperClusters: Hardware, Software, Algorithms
- AI Software Frameworks: Compilers, IRs, and Interoperability
- New Compiler Technologies and MLIR
- Large Language Models: Hardware, Software, Algorithms
- Parallel and Distributed Programming Models and Software Platforms
- High Performance Interconnects: New Protocols, Hardware and Software
- Hardware Security
- Graph Computing and HPC Systems
If you are enthusiastic in shaping the future of computing and AI together with a multicultural team of leading researchers, feel free to contact us.
We offer the opportunity to work closely with the teams behind the world-leading products launched by Huawei, and additionally to have your research help improve aspects of daily life. Driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs in future computing and AI systems that can change the world is our mission.
If you feel up for the challenge don't hesitate to apply!