Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 20+ sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the new Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland.
The research work will be carried out in close interaction with leading experts in the computer architecture in universities across the world or in recognized global industries. Zurich Research Center provides an open research environment where academics and experts will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
Perform world-class research on computer architecture, in particular around memory systems, processing‑in-memory (PIM) and processing‑in‑storage (PIS)
Communicate and share your results, both internally through talks and by highlighting application scenarios as well as externally through publications in top conferences and journal, workshop and conference talks, and patents.
Collaborate with our world-leading experts around the globe to conduct research and achieve the greatest results
- PhD in an area related to Computing Systems or Computer Architecture
- Record of publishing research papers in the area of computing systems, in particular around memory systems, processing‑in-memory (PIM) and processing‑in‑storage (PIS) or equivalent research experience in industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively in a research environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Robust problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Excellent team player with a cooperative and consultative approach, capable of working independently and as an integral member of a small local team;
- Comfortable interacting with remote teams from diverse cultural & technical backgrounds;
- Ability to foster positive relationships both within the local team and across remote interactions, contributing to an inclusive work environment.