Huawei is a leading telecom solutions provider. Through continuous customer-centric innovation, we have established end-to-end advantages in Telecom Network Infrastructure, Application & Software, Professional Services and Devices. With comprehensive strengths in Fixed network, wireless network and IP technologies, Huawei has gained a leading position in the All-IP convergence age. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 100 countries and have served 45 of the world’s top 50 telecom operators, as well as one third of the world’s population. Huawei’s vision is to enrich people’s lives through communication. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success.
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within Huawei’s Research Center in Zurich is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
For our fast growing Power Conversion Lab, we are seeking a highly motivated:
Expert on charging power distribution system
We are looking for someone starting as soon as possible to join our mission.
- Demand analysis: Lead the demand analysis and definition of the power distribution system architecture to ensure that the product design and implementation comply with the architectural constraints.
- Architecture design: define the elements of solution and product architecture, provide the design specification of Medium- and Low-voltage products, identify the DFX goals of products and key components during architecture design. In charge of the competitiveness of DFX attributes related to power distribution systems.
- Technology planning: lead and provide the roadmap planning of power distribution system strategic technology. Identify future-proof critical technologies and propose innovative technical solutions. Actively plan for and make breakthroughs in key technologies such as power distribution, safety, intelligence, and reliability of power distribution products/solutions. Construct the long-term competitiveness of the digital power supply.
- Ecosystem construction: Lead the construction of simulation and testing ecosystem. Form a technical ecosystem around Huawei through technical cooperation and consultation, etc.
- Able to analyze requirements and plan roadmaps for power distribution systems, platforms, or key technologies of Digital Power products and solutions.
- Proficient in power distribution system design, such as power distribution system reliability design and calculation, selective protection design, power distribution system and scheme design, etc.
- Understand new energy products and solutions such as photovoltaic or energy storage, and be able to lead electrical drawing, electrical component selection, cable selection, and connector design.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language).
- Good communication skills and multicultural environment adaptability.
What you can expect:
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
At the Zurich Research Center, the successful candidate becomes part of a multicultural team of leading European researchers with expertise spanning from microarchitectures to mathematics. We believe such breadth is crucial to succeed in our mission to drive new fundamental research and achieve new innovate breakthroughs in future computing systems. If this speaks to you, don’t hesitate to apply!