Lab Director - Data Centre Network
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 20+ sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland.
The research work of the lab will be carried out not only by Huawei’s internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. The lab will provide an open research environment where academics will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such world-leading scientific work.
In order to strengthen our team of Data Centre Network we are looking for the Lab Director.
The right candidate is able to provide insights and forward- looking guidance in this domain and will be responsible for the research and explore the development direction of DCN services and architecture, key DCN algorithms and protocols, lead the team to complete key technological innovations, and build key technical breakpoints.
- Plan and research the top-level architecture and key technologies of the next-generation data centre networks
- Collaborate with surrounding teams to complete the design and implementation of data centre network
- The scope includes but is not limited to network topology, traffic control technology, software-defined networks, optical and electrical hybrid networks, in-network computing, etc.
- Optimize the performance and efficiency of parallel computing systems, especially the large-scale AI clusters, mainly from the perspective of the integration of network, computing, and storage systems
- PhD in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Automation, Mathematics, Physics and other related majors.
- 10 years or more research experience in high-performance network or parallel computing
Candidate with working experience in both industry and academia is preferred
- Proficient in data centre networks and high-performance interconnection technology systems.
- Proficient in performance or efficiency optimization of parallel computing systems.
Have background in large-scale distributed deep learning and be familiar with corresponding infrastructure and key technologies
Self-motivated and highly ambitious, good team spirit and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Have extensive and in-depth research in the field of modern network technology or high-performance interconnection, be proficient in data centre network architecture, be familiar with the RDMA protocol system, have an in-depth understanding of the technology evolution and industry progress of data centre networks, and have relevant research achievements and successful practices.
- Be proficient in performance or efficiency optimization of parallel computing systems, including parallel computing architecture, parallel programming, parallel algorithms, performance modeling and analysis, etc. Have relevant research achievements and successful practices.
- Have a business background of distributed deep learning, deeply understand the business requirements of this scenario, be familiar with the infrastructure and key technologies of large-scale training/inference, and have systematic thinking on how to improve the system scale and efficiency.
What we Offer
If you are looking forward to innovate the DCN architecture for the next 10 years, become the pioneer and leader of DCN, a hot spot in the industry, and build personal influence and reputation in the industry reach out to us!
We offer the opportunity to work closely with the teams behind the world-leading products launched by Huawei, and additionally to have your research help improve aspects of daily life. Driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs in future computing and AI systems that can change the world is our mission.
If you feel up for the challenge don't hesitate to apply!