Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Switzerland Research Centre in Zurich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning on computer architecture.
We are currently looking for a Lab Director to build from scratch and lead our new Computer Architecture Innovation Lab.
- Responsible for the technical planning and growth of the Computer Architecture Innovation Lab;
- Continuously explore and make breakthroughs in computer architecture technologies based on industry development trends and academic research achievements.
- Conduct fundamental research in computer architecture, microarchitecture.
- Lead the technical team, coordinate the lifecycle management of technical projects, identify and utilize advantageous resources outside China, and promote the design of the overall architecture, project implementation.
- Build from scratch and lead a team of Researchers
Requirements and qualifications:
- PhD or MSc in computer science or area related to computer architecture, or equivalent research experience in industry
- At least 15 years of relevant research experience in industry or academia
- Ability to provide innovation and an international vision
- Record of publishing research papers in computer architecture, microarchitecture and/or related areas
- Candidates should have research experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Computer architectures: instruction set architecture, microarchitecture, memory system, interconnect
- Hardware Accelerators
- Heterogeneous Architectures and Systems for Datacentre
- Parallel, High-Performance, and Distributed Computing with an emphasis on hardware-software characterization, optimization and innovation
- Successful researching leadership experience in a team management position
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills
- Experience working with highly technical teams and communicating to non-technical partners.
- Excellent oral and written English.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes
- Build a team from scratch
- Research on high-impact topics
- Work with top Researchers and University Professors
- International mobility