Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 28+ sites across Europe and 2000 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the new Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. A major element of ZRC is a research laboratory focused on fundamental research in the area of advanced Computing Architectures for wireless systems.
The research work of the lab is carried out by leading experts in the technological area of computing with a strong reputation as academic research partners in universities across the world or in recognized global industries. Zurich Research Center provides and “open research environment” where academics and experts are encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
Our primary mission is driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs.
We seek a highly talented Senior Researcher to explore novel computing architectures for the next-generation wireless systems and analyze key architectural trade-offs.
This position is a great opportunity for a person enthusiastic about working on cutting-edge research
As a Senior Researcher in Computing Architecture, your role will focus on conducting research and driving innovation on computing architecture and key technologies for wireless applications, i.e. digital signal processing, complex graph-based processing, real-time/low-latency processing etc.
You will explore different solutions, e.g. heterogeneous architecture, programmable/reconfigurable architecture, dataflow architecture, tensor core, SoC architecture etc., in order to meet the requirements of intensive computing with massive data movement, deterministic latency, on-demand elasticity, energy efficiency and area efficiency.
In view of the flexibility and PPA requirements of multiple scenarios and mixed industrial applications in the future, you will make breakthroughs in different directions like SoC architecture, heterogeneous architecture, dataflow architecture, programmable technologies, reconfigurable architecture, computation components, novel storage/DRAM technologies, NoC technologies as well as tool chains.
You will also be responsible for the communication and the coordination with our overseas headquarters. This includes business alignment, technical communication, and results reporting.
- PhD in an area related to computing architecture, or equivalent research experience in industry
- Record of publishing research papers in the area of computing systems
- At least 5 years of experience in the field in industry or academia
- Candidates should have research experience and solid technical background in at least one of the below-mentioned areas:
- Hardware: Memory/Caches, VLIW, Novel Storage, Customized ISA, NoC, Customized hardware for FFT/Inversion/SVD,
- Scalable Architecture : Dataflow Architecture, Programmable/Reconfigurable Architecture, Processing in Memory,
- Software: Graph Compiler, Dynamic Scheduling & Mapping, Deterministic Latency, Programming Models)
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work productively