Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 20+ sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the new Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. A major element of ZRC is a new research laboratory focused on fundamental research in the area of computing systems (new hardware, new software, and new algorithms).
The research work of the lab will be carried out for leading experts in the technological area of computing with a strong reputation as academic research partners in universities across the world or in recognized global industries. Zurich Research Center provides and “open research environment” where academics and experts will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
Lead the research and innovation at the intersection of wireless communication, machine learning, Bayes networks, digital signal processing, numerical optimization, and integrated circuit design. You will be responsible for the development of the hardware friendly algorithms for applications that demand high throughput, low power and evolvable to support the next-generation cellular network. You will find solutions that are far more efficient than conventional atomistic design approaches that solely focus either on theory, algorithms, or on circuit design.
Analyse and design algorithms: you will be responsible for the analysis, design, and simulation verification of PHY/Low MAC algorithms in the B5G field. (e.g., M-MIMO, mmWave, receiver-related algorithms) with software/hardware constraints. You will be in charge of technical breakthroughs in key modules of the system and explore new technology.In this role, you will cooperate with R&D engineers to implement algorithms and make algorithms more conducive to product software/hardware implementation without algorithm performance deterioration.
Communicate and coordinate with HQ. As a Senior Algorithm and Computing Architecture Expert, you will be managing the communication and alignment with our HQ in China. This includes business alignment, technical communication, and results report.
Minimum education and experience requirements
- PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role, either in industry or in academia
- Solid background in Computer Science, Wireless communication or equivalent;
- Excellent programming skills in Matlab/Python/C++;
- Ability to quickly understand a new technology area;
- Extensive experience in both algorithm and corresponding implementation, especially in wireless;
- 5G, MIMO, Beamforming, Channel estimation, OFDM, modulation/demodulation, receiver, channel coding, Message Passing Algorithm;
- AI, linear algebra, Interpolation and regression, matrix analysis;
Other skills and capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent team player: cooperative and consultative behavior; ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
Driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs in future computing systems is our main mission.