Huawei Research Center, Zurich Switzerland
We are a unique team of innovative, diverse individuals who have come together from multiple backgrounds to create advanced Computing Architectures for wireless systems. The people who work here are generalists, and we complement each other.
Our primary mission is driving new fundamental research and innovation to achieve breakthroughs in future computing systems.
The passion for exploring uncharted territory makes us thrive.
We seek a highly talented Director to explore novel computing architectures for the next-generation wireless systems and analyze key architectural trade-offs in coordination with cross-functional domain experts.
In this role, you will be leading the wireless computing architecture and software system Lab at Zurich Research Center. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate with outstanding leadership skills.
This position is a great opportunity for a person enthusiastic about working on cutting-edge research and lead a multicultural team of top researchers.
- Root technologies breakthrough. Your job will focus on designing principles and prototypes for the current and next-generation computing systems. You will guide an efficient system/hardware/software architecture to meet product requirements. Achieving high computational performance at as high energy efficiency as possible is an essential objective.You will explore new approaches aligned with emerging technologies, competitive performance requirements, and critical system constraints.
- Technology insight and planning. You recognize and understand technology trends and propose novel technologies that can be used in our product to improve Performance, Power, Area, Flexibility, etc. In addition, you will be in charge of reviewing, challenging and influencing roadmaps, and setting technology intercept targets for future SoCs.
- Team management. You will set the objectives for team members (local and HQ) based on your own goals. As a leader, you will make sure to achieve the goals and get a good team performance. Coach and supervise team members.
- Cooperate with local resources (Industry and Academy). Based on business requirements, you will effectively integrate local resources, forge long-term strategic partnerships with industrial and academic resources, and build a good ecosystem and environment.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in SoC architecture in the area of high-performance computing systems. Experience in Wireless and Cellular technologies such as LTE/5G NR is preferred.
- Must have outstanding SoC and system architecture fundamentals backed with substantial experience. This means a good understanding of power and performance trade-offs, area and energy efficiency improvement, and how SoC data and control flows interact.
- As an expert in computing architecture, i.e. programmable/reconfigurable architecture, dataflow architecture, computing in/near memory, etc.
- Sound understanding of Microprocessor Subsystems, Memory Controllers and Communication Fabrics.
- Good understanding of hardware-software interfaces and interactions. A compiler background is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills across organizations and at the executive level.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Chinese is a plus.
- Excellent written skills for clear and concise reporting.
- Excellent organization skills to prioritize conflicting requirements.
- Excellent leadership and multicultural background management skills.