Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
Our Huawei Zurich Research Center
is embedded in the European network and plays a pivotal role in driving innovation. The research work of our Labs is carried out not only by Huawei's internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. .
The Neuromorphic Computing Research Lab is in charge of incubating and developing cutting-edge Computing and AI technologies. Neuromorphic and Brain-Inspired Computing will play a key role in the next generation AI.
More specifically, the Lab conducts research and development on cutting edge Neuro-inspired Computing Algorithms/Materials, including but not limited to brain-mimetic algorithms design, neuromorphic computing elements, spiking neural networks, their training and optimal topology, distributed intelligent agents, knowledge representation and learning algorithms, algorithm optimization and acceleration, multi-modal learning.
For our Neuromorphic and Neuro-inspired Computing Research Lab in Zurich, we are looking for a high caliber:
Research Engineer in Neuromorphic and Neuro-inspired Computing Algorithms
Research on Neuro-inspired computing and learning frameworks, key technologies and industry best practices;
- Research and develop architectures and learning algorithms for next generation AI tools and applications;
- Keep up to date with the latest research literature, attend conferences, and learn continuously to stay on the forefront of research
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team inside Huawei for integrated solutions;
- Develop patents and publish academic articles in top venues (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, …);
- Fresh PhD graduate or Master degree in Neuromorphic Engineering, Computational Neuroscience, Computer science, Mathematics, Machine Learning with practical experience in related topics;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of modern machine learning architectures and algorithms, Neuromorphic Computing field and excellent academic records;
- Expertise in modern Machine Learning tools and computational platforms as demonstrated by an excellent academic track record and publications in top venues (NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, …), published code bases;
- Strong skills in some of these programming languages/frameworks:
Python, C/C++, PyTorch, JAX, Tensorflow;
- Able to conduct academic or industry research independently and as reliable team player, quick self-learner;
- Passion in shaping the future of the Neuromorphic Computing and AI;
- Enthusiasm in contributing to the future of modern machine learning architectures and algorithms Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Fluent English, excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an international, diversified, cross-domain team environment;
- Willingness and ability to travel are required;
- Contributions in relevant open source projects
If you are enthusiastic about building infrastructure and designing algorithms for future big data and AI, this is the right opportunity pour you!