Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 20+ sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the new Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. A major element of ZRC is a new research laboratory focused on fundamental research in the area of computing systems (new hardware, new software, and new algorithms).
The research work will be carried out in close interaction with leading experts in the technological areas of optimization, signal processing, computer architecture, and circuit design with a strong reputation as academic research partners in universities across the world or in recognized global industries. Zurich Research Center provides an open research environment where academics and experts will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
Perform world-class research at the intersection of electronic design automation, design space exploration, and optimization including reinforcement learning-based methods. You will be responsible to formulate DSE and EDA optimizations problems from data movement between buffers and compute units to data representations/encodings and place-and-routable logic synthesis to push the trade-off between performance, area, and particularly also power, to a new state-of-the-art; and explore approaches, develop novel algorithms to perform such optimizations.
Communicate and share your results, both internally through talks and by highlighting application scenarios as well as externally through publications in top conferences and journal, workshop and conference talks, and patents.
Collaborate with our world-leading experts around the globe in optimization and deep learning, our architects and circuit designers developing optimized communication algorithms, circuit design, accelerator architecture to jointly develop the best ideas and maximize impact on future products.
Education and Experience:
- PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics
- Strong foundational knowledge in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Optimization, AI methodologies;
- Ability to conceptualize and discuss innovative solutions and algorithms at an abstract level;
- A pragmatic mindset with a willingness to move from a 'good enough' solution to experimentation, learn from outcomes, and refine methodologies towards excellence;
- Innate curiosity and aptitude for designing and executing experiments to evaluate the capabilities and limitations of proposed methods;
- Swift comprehension of new technological domains and ability to stay updated with recent literature;
- Proficiency in at least 3, preferably 4-5, of the following domains:
- Accelerator Architecture (concepts, buffering, software-controlled data flow),
- RTL Design & Digital EDA Design Flows,
- EDA concepts around Logic Synthesis & Key Digital Circuits,
- Optimization Problem Formulation,
- Reinforcement Learning.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Robust problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Excellent team player with a cooperative and consultative approach, capable of working independently and as an integral member of a small local team;
- Comfortable interacting with remote teams from diverse cultural & technical backgrounds;
- Ability to foster positive relationships both within the local team and across remote interactions, contributing to an inclusive work environment.