Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. We are a fast growing and leading global information and communications technology solutions provider. With our three business units Carrier, Enterprise and Consumer, we offer network infrastructure, cloud computing solutions and devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs.
Among our customers are 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, and one third of the world’s population uses Huawei technologies. Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 107,000 employees of which more than 114,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D). With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide. We seek and reward talent. At Huawei, if you are dedicated to creativity, engagement of technical risks and delivery of target-driven results, your efforts will be rewarded with outstanding career prospects.
Our Research Center
With 27 sites across Europe and 2000 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the new Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. Our group at Huawei Zurich Research Center focuses on prototyping novel computer vision algorithms for mobile devices and robotic platforms using recent advances in computer vision, machine learning and camera hardware.
The research work of the lab is carried out not only by Huawei’s internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. The lab will provides an “open research environment” where academics are encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
For the ZRC Laboratory, we are currently looking to find several outstanding interns in Computer Vision & Machine Learning. As a key member in our motivated and multicultural research team, you will develop and implement cutting edge computer vision algorithms. Furthermore, you will setup, deploy, test and evaluate algorithms on real-world prototypes and actively work with our researchers on developing theoretical concepts. You will also have the opportunity to work on speeding up deep learning and computer vision algorithms by exploring efficient processing workflows, architectures as well as performing code level optimization, including GPU optimization.
If you are interested in gaining practical experience while working with the newest technologies and create solutions which enrich people’s life, we are the right company for you. You will be part of a multicultural team and rapidly growing environment - write the future together with us!
Areas of interest include
- Computational photograph (e.g. Image Fusion, HDR, video)
- Machine perception (e.g. object detection, image segmentation)
- Multi-sensor systems (e.g. multi-cameras, IMU, LiDAR, etc.)
- NERFs, 3D SLAM
- Foundation models, Efficient Network architectures
- Develop and implement Computer Vision algorithms
- Integrate algorithms on demo platforms and perform field testing
- Develop efficient solutions to address challenges of real-world deployment
- Interact across the team to support research and engineering efforts
- Collect and managing datasets
- Prepare documentation and academic publications
- Currently enrolled in a university program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or equivalent
- Strong capacity in Python, C++
- Knowledge in at least two of the following areas: 3D Perception, Depth Estimation, Semantic / Panoptic Segmentation, Sensor Calibration, SLAM, image fusion, HDR, object detection, NERFs
- Hands-on knowledge of latest deep-learning architectures (beyond university lectures)
- Proven hands-on ability in setting up and running software on sensor systems
Desired additional skills
- Experience with event cameras
- Experience with multi-camera systems
- Experience with optimizing GPU code and deploying learning jobs on GPU cluster
- Publications / patents in Computer Vision / Deep Learning/ Robotics
- Hobby photographer, knowledge with optics, electrical-mechanical prototyping
Applications need to include a CV and transcripts. The starting date is as soon as possible.
Due to regulations, non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that the internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.