Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success.
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within Huawei’s Research Center in Zurich is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
For this team we are also looking for Interns that can learn from our team and contribute with their unique skills.
This opportunity is in: Multi-physics simulation for advanced power semiconductor packaging.
We seek candidates to work with local researchers and experts, extend current simulation techniques for advanced power semiconductor module packaging and reliability research.
- Responsible for electro-thermal, thermo-mechanical and/or electro-magnetic simulation of power module, e.g. simulation model design and optimization
- Support novel module package concepts design by providing optimization strategy for parasitic parameters and thermal management based on different main aspects (thermal, electrical and electromagnetic), together with packaging experts
- Developing test board and experiment for simulation model and accuracy verification.
- Support virtual prototype development in the field of advanced power module package optimization
- Support performance analysis and simulation of power converter in real application condition
- Master in Electrical Engineering, Physics or any other related disciplines
- Experience with multi-physics simulation software and experimental instruments with high-speed signal test. e.g. COMSOL, Spice, Q3D, PLECS etc.
- Experience in the field of electrical-thermal or electromagnetic simulation, semiconductor device physics and packaging is a plus
- Expertise with Programming languages such as Python, LabView is necessary, and experience with PCB design layout and assembly is a plus
- Creativity and excellent communication ability in English are key, and Chinese is a plus.
What you can expect:
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
At the Zurich Research Center, the successful candidate becomes part of a multicultural team of leading European researchers with expertise spanning from microarchitectures to mathematics. We believe such breadth is crucial to succeed in our mission to drive new fundamental research and achieve new innovate breakthroughs in future computing systems. If this speaks to you, don’t hesitate to apply!