Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
With 28 sites across Europe and 2000 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the Zurich Research Centre (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. A major element of ZRC is a new research laboratory focused on research in the area of computing systems (new computing and storage hardware, new software, new algorithms).
The research work of the lab will be carried out not only by Huawei’s internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. The lab will provide an “open research environment” where academics will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
Responsibilities (Future Computing Network Systems - Research Leader)
- Conduct research on network topology, designing network topology for AI LLM (artificial intelligence large language model) training/inference, cloud computation, high performance computation and so on.
- Take a leading role in the team and work with internal research colleagues and academic research partners to achieve new breakthroughs in future computing network system research and be responsible for critical prototype design and development.
- Produce and present research papers at internationally leading conferences and white papers on current developments and future directions on network topology, network theoretical research， networking systems design for AI computation.
- Develop academic research partnerships and cooperation with leading universities and professors in the area. Where appropriate, contribute insight and research expertise to committees and other organizations that are looking to establish new industry standards and platforms.
- Contribute to the research and academic community through service such as conference program committee membership, membership of journal editorial boards etc.
- PhD in an area related to networking systems, computer architecture or theoretical computer and more than 5 years’ experience on network topology design/research in related large companies or in academia.
- Record of publishing research papers in the area of AI training systems or high performance computation, especially focus on network topology design.
- Candidates should have research experience in computer architecture, and be familiar with at least three of the following areas:
- Network topology and networking system design.
- High performance computation system architecture design
- AI LLM training system design.
- Algorithm design for networking systems, focus on collective communication, deadlock free routing and flow control.
- Graph theory: including graph embedding, discrete optimization and so on.
- Research interests in Graph theory, network topology, supercomputer architecture, LLM training system design, etc. would be highly relevant.
- Excellent intercultural communication, coordination, presentation and reporting skills and ability to work productively in a research environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-work spirit and independent working capabilities.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes
- Lead top Researchers
- Heavy R&D investment
- Collaborate with top University Professors
- Research on high-impact topics.
- Cutting-edge technologies
- International mobility