Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing cloud providers in the world. We rank 2nd and 5th in terms of Cloud market share in China and in the worldwide.
Huawei is the 2nd highest private sector investor in research and development in the world. With 107,000+ dedicated employees, Huawei has the largest R&D Institute on the planet. In Europe, we have a wide network of 27+ Research Centers dedicated to fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning.
Our Huawei Zurich Research Center is embedded in the European network and plays a pivotal role in driving innovation. The research work of our Labs is carried out not only by Huawei's internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe.
The Intelligent Cloud Technology Research Lab is in charge of incubating and developing cutting-edge technologies that will shape the next-generation of the Cloud Computing industry.
For our new Next-Generation Cloud Infrastructure and Virtualization Research Lab in Zurich, we are looking for a high caliber:
Senior Architect/Team Lead – Next-Generation Cloud Infrastructure and Virtualization (m/f/d)
As Senior Architect, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and optimizing our cloud infrastructure layer to meet the rapidly growing demands of our cloud business and customers.
As Team Leader, you will build and manage a team of world-class Researchers.
- Drive innovation by researching, developing and applying new technologies to enhance cloud infrastructure and the virtualization layer. Provide architectural input and leadership in designing, evaluating, implementing and optimizing the disagreed and distributed cloud infrastructure software tailored for future AI applications.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements, define project scopes and ensure successful project delivery. Work with external partners to define and driver cooperation project.
- Stay up-to-date with latest trends and technology in infrastructure and virtualization and deliver technical insight. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define technical road map and strategies.
- Provide technical leadership to the team as well as hire, grow and develop talent
- Publish papers on top industry and academic conference and journals, drive patent with high technical and commercial value.
- MSc/PhD in computer science or other domain-related disciplines.
- Minimum10 years of professional experience in industry or/and academia. in at least one of the following domains:
- Mainstream CPU/GPU/NPU architectures
- PCIe/CXL and disaggregated architectures
- Virtualization/Operating systems/Linux kernel
- Cloud native and distributed systems (Container, K8s, Serverless platforms)
- Infrastructures and system for AI
- High speed interconnect networks in Datacenter (RDMA, Infiniband, NVlink…)
- Strong expertise in designing, implementing and managing cloud infrastructure on leading IaaS platforms, such as AWS/Azure and Google cloud
- Well recognized expert with strong academic or industrial influence
- Record of publishing research papers in the above-mentioned areas
- Major open source contributors or upstream maintainers
- Excellent communication, collaboration and presentation skills
What we offer
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes
- Work with top Researchers and University Professors
- Research on high-impact topics.
- Growth & development
- International mobility