Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
Huawei's Switzerland Research Centre in Zurich is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning on IDE.
We are currently looking for a Senior IDE Compiler and Runtime Expert for Cloud.
- Responsible for the technical planning, product development and team leadership for Zurich IDE team. The team is expected to grow to be an independent laboratory in several years.
- Continuously explore and make breakthroughs in IDE technologies especially in compiler, runtime/virtual machine and advanced code analysis, based on corporate requirements, industry development trends, and future-oriented service scenarios and development models, improve developer experience and production efficiency, and support the construction of Huawei's developer ecosystem.
- Build a strong core composed of cutting-edge compilers, runtime, debuggers, code models and other technologies for Huawei IDE technology ecosystem;
- Continuously attract and hire great talents to grow the IDE team in Zurich.
Requirements and qualifications:
- PhD or MSc in computer science or other domain-related disciplines
- Strong knowledge in Computer Science, including but not limited to Operating System, Compiler, IDE, DevOps tools etc.
- At least 10 years of R&D experience in one of the following areas: Compiler & Programming Language, JRE/JVM, Code Analysis, Cloud Development Tools, AI-assisted Code Completion including AI Pair Programming, Smart Code Search etc.
- Extensive R&D experience with one of the following IDEs: Android Studio, XCode, Eclipse IDE, VSCode, Jetbrains IDEs etc.
- Open Source Community committer experiences is a big plus
- Development experience in leading IDE architecture design or important IDE derivative versions / plug-in design development is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and spoken)
- Ability to lead, develop and engage a multicultural team
- Ability to provide innovation and an international vision
- Candidates with solid academic record in a reputable university and with experience in working in blue chip technology companies are preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and incentive schemes
- Build a team from scratch
- Research on high-impact topics
- Work with top Researchers and University Professors
- International mobility