Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our constant dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established leading end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success.
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within the Zurich Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
For our fast growing Power Conversion Lab, we are seeking a highly motivated:
Senior Expert in Power Electronics for Solar & Battery Energy Storage
We are looking for someone starting as soon as possible to join our mission.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify and formulate Solar PV system and Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) requirements
- Support in technology roadmap development for next generation Solar PV & BESS architecture and converter structures
- Lead and execute the research and development of novel Solar PV architecture and converter topologies, from residential PV scenario to utility PV plant
- Propose innovative solutions for DC/DC & DC/AC power conversion in PV & BESS
- Lead the design and subsequent verification and validation of converter concepts in the R&D laboratories
- Work with external R&D Institutes and Universities in developing novel converter and control algorithms for power electronic applications relevant to Huawei Digital Power
- Generate novel ideas and protect them with IPR fillings
- Mentor and coach less experienced staff members
- You hold a PhD or Master degree in the field of power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering or in a similar background in Research & Development
- Profound R&D experience in the field of power electronics
- Deep expertise in power electronic converter topologies, modulation, control and algorithm development, more focusing on system and hardware design
- Good theoretical understanding of basic power electronic converter principles and multi-level converters, magnetic component designs, power semiconductor devices such as wide band gap devices, and power converter modulation & control
- Proven experience with new technology development initiatives and innovation as well as publications in reputed journals
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style, “can do” attitude, eager to learn new things and ready to think outside the box
- Occasional travel related to ongoing projects, seminars, conferences etc.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, willingness to learn German, additional languages are a plus
What you can expect:
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
At the Zurich Research Center, the successful candidate becomes part of a multicultural team of leading European researchers with expertise spanning from microarchitectures to mathematics. We believe such breadth is crucial to succeed in our mission to drive new fundamental research and achieve new innovate breakthroughs in future computing systems. If this speaks to you, don’t hesitate to apply!